Hey Coffeeholics! BREW OF THE DAY was invited to a FOOD Bloggers Event by BAR-B-KING & BibingKinitan! I knew already about Bibingkinitan because I've constantly seen their stalls at SM Malls but this would be the first time for me to try out Bar-B-King. When I found out it was a Fastfood Barbecue House - I got all the more excited! I love eating out at new places and especially when the prices are affordable.
Bar-B-King : Fast food Barbeque House
A different take on popular Filipino food fare – this is Bar-B-King. Real barbeque as good as it gets. Every cut of Bar-B-King’s seasoned meat plus a taste of grilled sea foods and veggies infuse a range of amazing flavors. Juicy, tender and smoky!
Bar-B-King Charcoal-Grilled Barbecues is a Quick Service Restaurant concept focusing on charcoal-grilled barbecues like pork, liempo, beef, steaks, pork chops, sea foods, veggies and more. The outdoor grilling or ihaw-ihaw ambiance makes a perfect balance to the cozy, cool and restaurant ambiance that drives more customers to enjoy the Bar-B-King experience.
Bar-B-King is 100% wholly owned and operated by FoodAsia Corp., the company behind the success of today’s known brands such as Bibingkinitan, The Bibingka Café, Tea Square and Fresh Foods. Established in 2010, it has now five (5) branches: SM Makati, SM Megamall, SM Rosario, SM Dasmariñas and SM Olongapo. Now, Bar-B-King is venturing itself to franchising.
*Angus Beef Belly – USDA certified, baked-then-grilled, so tender you can use your spoon to slice it! Served with the most delicious Au Jus Gravy.
We were invited to the SM Megamall branch. The space of the area is not that big so if you plan to eat there, better be there early! :) I bet they get jampacked full when its "rush hour." Our event was a bit early and they had set off an area just for us bloggers. Looking around, the tables and chairs were just right coz it suited their style of a "grill house" experience.
One of the reasons why we were invited to BAR-B-KING was to try out their latest dish which is The Ultimate GRILLED ANGUS BEEF BELLY which is being offered at the price of only Php 150! With this meal, you also get a 12 oz soda, RICE all-you-can, SOUP all-you-can, Corn & Carrots, and Gravy. Tagged with this guarantee -- "the baked-then-Grilled Certified Angus Beef Belly so tender you can use your spoon to slice it! Served with the most delicious Au Jus Gravy!" -- I couldn't wait to taste it myself and savor this meal.
|Bar-B-King Grilled Angus Beef Belly at Php 150!!!
1. ANGUS BEEF BELLY - Gets all the PLUS points from me! Its JUICY and oh so TENDER that yes, you can eat it without using a knife! Your spoon and fork is enough to cut that tender delicious piece of meat. Once you put it in your mouth, you get the full flavor plus you can enjoy it to its fullest without worrying whether you can chew and swallow it because of its tender and delicious quality. It is succulent, moist, and even the kids will love this dish because it just glides. Haha. I'm not kidding here. Its one of the best angus beef belly that I've tasted that has been cooked perfectly well. I guess the fact that it was BAKED then GRILLED that helped the dish achieve this level of tenderness.
The management has also assured us that this beef is all USDA approved and imported here in the Philippines for our eating pleasure. The servings might not look all the same but rest assured that each piece of meat is weighed in equal portions so it will be fair for everyone. I also asked the manager how long would it take for this dish to get on my table once ordered and she said that it will be ready around 5 MINUTES! The gravy was a perfect complement but personally, I didn't use it that much coz I liked to eat the beef with its full flavor.
2. CARROTS & CORN - One of the things I liked about this dish was its veggie complement - yummy buttered carrots and corn. I've had my fair share of this veggie combo in all the grilled dishes that I've had but this carrots and corn get another PLUS points for me coz its fresh and not greasy! One bite of the veggies, you can taste its juiciness and freshness coz it still had its "bite" quality - in other words it wasn't soggy and soft. Perfect complement to the Bar-B-King's Angus Beef Belly!
3. SOUP-ALL-YOU-CAN. One of the perks of buying The Ultimate BAR-B-King Angus Beef Belly is that you can also avail of their unlimited Tinola Soup. I don't know about you but us Filipinos love to have soup with our meals. I for one like my rice drenched in the main dish's sauce and juices or if not, a side dish HOT soup will do the trick. Here at BAR-B-KING, they also serve UNLI SOUP! Just like in our favorite carienderias, hot soup is a staple for our meals. Their chicken tinola soup is definitely nutritious, as you can see with its Malunggay leaves. It is a bit salty for my taste but it seemed like a winner to one of my blogger friends as she finished two small bowls of soup while we were eating. :) So don't forget to ask for your unli soup!
4. RICE-ALL-YOU-CAN. I remember my students told me the other day that one of the things that they look for whenever they hang out as a barkada is to look for a "rice-all-you-can" restaurant to get the most out of their money. Well Bar-B-King now boasts that they offer RICE ALL YOU CAN in all their BAR-B-MEALS! So you can definitely get your money's worth.
5. SODA DRINKS. When you buy your Ultimate Grilled Angus Beef Belly Meal, you get a 12 oz drink of your choice. They only have PEPSI products in their menu so I chose PEPSI for my drink. It was so hot that day that I already gulped half of it before I remembered to take a photo. hehe. :)
So there you have a rundown of the food that I have during the event. I really enjoyed my experience there especially getting to know new friends and old in the blogger world!
|with JEN and GENN!
|Fun Bloggers at BAR-B-KING!
Photo credit - here
|New and Old Blogger friends!
Photo credit - Bibingkinitan
Thank you Bar-B-King and Bibingkinitan for hosting this event for us.
Thank you to Food Asia Corp for the invite!
So Coffeeholics, if you would like to franchise or get in the know of what's happening in Bar-B-King and Bibingkinitan, kindly check out their facebook or twitter for more details. Happy eating!
Location: LG/F Megamall B
Facebook: Bibingkinitan Mini-Bibingka