And that my dear friends WOULD HAVE BEEN my typical Valentines day rant. After all, being single for 29 years (I started counting in the year of my birth lol!), technically I have every right to sour-grape and hate Vday right? Some have even coined this day as SAD - Single Awareness Day. I don't blame them. It used to be my mantra too.
But one day, it struck me - Why should I feel miserable on Vday just because I'm single? All these years I've been sobbing and pitying myself in a lil corner while in fact, I could have been enjoying Vday despite being painfully aware that I'm single. I have come to terms with myself that I don't NEED to be in a relationship to be happy! So armed with this new revelation (thank you God!), I decided that I will enjoy and defiantly celebrate my being single on Valentine's day this 2011!
So days before Vday, I already set my mind that I won't be depressed but happy on Vday. Once my mindset was prepped and changed about this "holiday", I found myself looking forward to the day. So I made a list and planned out the things I could do to celebrate Valentine's Day.
Here are some of you SINGLE LADIES could consider doing on Valentine's Day 2012. This is the list that I made before VDay.
1. First things first, go out on a group date with your fellow girlfriends! Let me tell you this, YOU AREN'T ALONE! You aren't just the only single lady mucking it out on VDay. So go ahead, gather your friends, and hang out together and have FUN! Being by yourself on Vday can lead to negative thoughts. Having others around you will make VDay bearable. Swear!
2. Videoke Fun. If you are into singing, this is also one way to celebrate with your girlfriends! Sing and belt it all out in a Videoke bar!
3. Watch a movie. Yes, I know.. you're thinking.."BUT there's where all the couples are!!!" I know! That's why go and pick a movie that will make you laugh and forget the couples that are there! Laughing helps relieve stress you know!
4. Treat yourself and your bestfriend to a fancy dinner - you know, the one you've been dying to go to but found it to be a bit expensive.Yes, TREAT AND PAMPER YOURSELF! You deserve it! Eating good food and enjoying it with your bestfriend can help boost your confidence! Reminisce on good times and funny memories. The operative word here is ENJOY!
5. Splurge on a spa! What better way to celebrate Vday by some shelling out some "me" time. Of course I'd still advise to do this with your bff! Its much more fun this way! Imagine, a full body massage, mani & pedi, and even a hair spa treatment.. yes, get the works! This is definitely one way to make your Vday a memorable and enjoyable one.
|Sofi, my niece and daughter of bff, was also my date on Vday! :)|
|With my students who gave me the flowers I'm holding.|